Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Pattern Artist - Nancy Moser

I have had this book on my list to read for a little while. I find it interesting that I chose it before others and the timing of it corresponds to the recent focus on immigrants in America! I won't turn this into a political review because that would not do the book justice. I honestly ascribe to the saying "everything in its time" and this was perfect timing for me to read this story!

For those who love to sew, this is a book you will enjoy. For those who enjoy stories about the American dream and having your dreams come true in ways you wouldn't believe, it is also for you!

The author did a wonderful job of shaping the characters and bringing them to life. She also incorporated real history which in turn added a lot to the storyline. I learned things about pattern making and the Butterick Company and Macy's that I never knew but also gives me more respect for those who began those companies!

There is romance, family, a little violence but not graphic, suspense and finally a spiritual link with genuine human kindness thrown in. I was sad when I finished it and couldn't know what would happen next! That's the mark of a good book indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment